View Single Post
Old 12-26-2003, 06:52 PM   #25
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

I got 15...and I'm way younger than Griff.

Rho, it wasn't that party. This was some gathering that was planned a short time thereafter. But that party was a trip too...

Some of my college co-workers decided to invite people over to hang out at their place after work one night. I thought it would be a good idea to go...it would be just like the shit my friends and I did when we were in college.

Well, Rho and I went over there...and the kids were living it up, drinking like crazy, blasting the stereo, not a care in the world...just like the shit my friends and I did when we were in college...except that I now found it to be rather irritating.

I came to the conclusion that that sort of thing just isn't for me anymore. And over the next couple of years, I finally realized that I really am getting older...my body doesn't bounce back like it used to, I can't do or don't want to do some of things I used to do, etc.

This brought me to a weird point in my life, which still exists--Rho and I are still fairly young (34 and 28, respectively), but we can't run with some of these young folks anymore. At the same time, we can't run with a lot of people our age, b/c they're wrapped up in their families. Back in Washington, we tried meeting people through a childfree website...and it turned out that the desire to not have children was about the only thing we had in common with many of them...you'd think these people would have better things to do than bitch and complain about children and their parents...

So far, we've found that the best way to handle the weirdness is to simply rewrite the book.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote