View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 06:42 PM   #31
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Cherri View Post
wait, that place is different than this one and therefore isnt worthy?

Other than the colors, i got used to it, no big deal!

I like that people are individually unique over there and yes, seems things are different here with the conformity.

Who do I have to blow to get an avatar here?
It's not about worthiness. I find sites with loads of sigs and avatars and so forth difficult to read and get into. Which means I need a really good reason to make the effort. There's one other forum that I frequent, which allows avatars and has lots of people communicating through pics and gifs, and it took me a while to get uised to it. It's the site for a game I play, and that made it worth my while to get used to it.

I prefer less busy sites.

I also didn't like some of the tone of the place: the thread about which girls you like, the word 'nigger' cropping up too much for my tastes. It's entirely hypocritical of me, because I forgive exactly the same stuff in the game forums. Like i said: I expect that in gamer culture, I hadn't expected it in a general interest forum, and didn't particularly like it.

All of these things are a matter of 'club' culture. I just prefer this club's culture :P Doesn't mean your place is less worthy.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote