View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 04:51 AM   #130
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

We all left the SECC on a bit of a high I think.
We walked back over the deadly streets, although once we got onto a main road the pavements had been cleared again. Two sweet Glaswegians offered us directions without even asking - although as we were standing clueless on a street corner I guess our plight was obvious.

Back to the hotel via another trip to another caged in offie for evening supplies. Then off to a restaurant recommended by the hotel - and close enough not to worry about having a few cheeky drinks while we were there.

Oh, in between I lost my pants. My jogging bottoms to be precise. It turned out housekeeping had made the bed over them, but there was a baffled five minutes of me walking round in my underwear thinking I had gone stark staring mad.

So, off to the ButcherShop Bar and Grill. It looked good from the outside and the menu looked fantastic - if a little meat-centric. Inside it was perfect, all scrubbed tables, muted but adequate lighting, wooden floors, exposed brickwork and leather booths. To me it smelt of raw meat, but not unpleasantly so.

Here are two pics of the menu. The girls wanted me to take one with the cover on, so I obliged. I'm posting it now because they thought you would like to see it. The second is a detail of the section we three ordered from. I had the salad, Dana the chicken and Limey the Catch of the Day (seabass with prawns I believe).

The full menu is on their website - it's worth a look. They do a Chateaubriand Steak for two for £55.
Attached Images