View Single Post
Old 12-18-2003, 01:59 PM   #26
Hubris Boy
Keymaster of Gozer

Quote:
Originally posted by quzah
How about a chart pre-"War with Iraq" for a bit more accuracy?
Ask, and ye shall receive.

Quote:
Thus, if you stop adding volume to one of the countries some point along your time table, while the others continually add to theirs, you'll find a huge altering in the end result. To further extend this another ten years, and you'll now find that countries A and B have three times the volume of a ten year span. Thus, percentage wise, country C really only has less than three percent.
So you're complaint is... mmmm... that the United States (country 'C' in your "example", I assume) didn't sell as many weapons to Iraq as the Soviets and the Chinese did?

Quote:
So in short, yes, I expect a much different graph.
You're wrong.

If we exclude the data from the period following the Gulf War, the US percentage of total arms sales to Iraq actually falls slightly, to less than one-half of one percent.

This is because, relative to all the other nations in the world, the US really didn't sell all that many weapons to Iraq.

If you'd like, we can start a separate thread in which I will explain percentages and ratios to you. I'd be glad to help. I can see that math isn't your strongest subject, either.
Attached Images

Hubris Boy is offline   Reply With Quote