View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 07:54 AM   #6
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

It was very LONG.
Film is not my favourite medium anyway, so I do tend to label them good and bad according to length It scored well on the seeing and hearing front - I can't bear films set in the dark, where I can't work out what's happening, or can't hear the dialogue. And finally it scored well on being able to work out who was who - of course it helps that this is the 7th film, so I've seen all the protagonists many times. Films with people who look like eachother are a nightmare for me (Heat was really tricky).

I didn't cry when one of the characters died though (trying to be non-spoilerish). And I had to put the book down to cry when I read that part. But then again, I didn't like the looks or sounds of them in the film - they were nothing like I expected.

One of my favourite characters in the books AND perfectly portrayed in the films is Loony (sorry, Luna) Lovegood. Although how she grew up with West Irish accent when she lived within spitting distance of Ron Weasley I'm not sure. I always hoped they would get together actually...