Thread: Weird News
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 11:21 PM   #1151
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Not about how she did it, I should the odds against it themselves, would be more than 50 million to one.

Florida seems to be on a roll.
Quote:
ESTERO, Fla. — A woman is under arrest after getting in a fight in a taxicab at Stoneybrook Country Club early Sunday morning.

The sheriff's office report says deputies arrived on the scene to find Jessica Nicole Hincapie and Anna Lemoine fighting.According to the report, Hincapie was asked repeatedly to stop but refused.

When deputies placed Hincapie under arrest, she allegedly said, "You are in trouble because I am a New Yorker and my brother is CSI" and "My dad paid cash for my Toyota Corolla and I am too rich to go to jail."
Even as she was being taken to jail, deputies say she continued to tell the deputy he was going to be in serious trouble for arresting her.
Hincapie is charged with disorderly conduct.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Police want to conduct their own version of a panty raid on a group of women who stole more than $3,000 worth of liquor from a Hallandale Beach liquor store by stashing the bottles in their underwear.

Over the weekend, three women were caught on surveillance camera at DPF Liquors stuffing their skirts with some of the most expensive spirits in the house. The women also stuffed alcohol in their purses before walking out of the store with loaded panties. Store employees said they were distracted by other customers and didn't catch the women stuffing their skirts.

The store is offering a $500 reward for anyone with information on who stole their liquor. We're not sure if they want the bottles back after where they've been.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MIAMI — A fish jumped out of the water and speared a 45-year-old woman kayaker in the chest in the Florida Keys, causing injuries that required her evacuation by boat and helicopter to a Miami hospital, the U.S. Coast Guard said Monday.

It said the incident, in which the woman suffered a suspected punctured lung and broken ribs, took place Sunday evening near Big Pine Key, where the victim and a companion were kayaking in shallow water.
The two told rescuers the fish was about 4 feet long and was previously seen skipping across the water. It knocked the woman out of the two-person kayak when it hit her in the chest, the Sun-Sentinel newspaper reported.
She climbed back into the kayak, and her companion, unable to row her to safety, called for help on his mobile phone.

"She had a pretty bad chest wound," the paper quoted one of the rescuers, Capt. Kevin Freestone, owner of TowBoatUS in Big Pine Key and Cudjoe Key and a member of the Volunteer Fire Department in Big Pine Key, as saying. "She was conscious, and she was scared about what had happened to her."

The U.S. Coast Guard station in Marathon launched a vessel, but because of the shallowness of the water it was a small boat deployed by TowBoatUS, which assists vessels in distress, that was able to transport a paramedic to the injured woman and bring her to shore.
A helicopter took her to Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami, where she was listed as stable, the Coast Guard said.

Officials with the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission said they first believed the woman was attacked by a barracuda, but they later said it was a houndfish, which is shaped like a spear.