Thread: Confessions
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 10:56 AM   #28
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
No, it wasn't until 2005 that all states had .08. You're attributing the reduction of deaths which happened for many reasons, to the reduction in BAC. Also the way they now gather statistics, if a sober driver hits a drunk on a bicycle, it's an alcohol related death.

Driving drunk is bad, no question about it, but the drunks on the road are well over .1 BAC. The social drinker who is not impaired, is not a menace, is being harassed and financially raped, by this .08 bullshit. This is not an attack on drunk drivers, it's a thinly disguised attack on drinking at all.
The rates have still gone done even when accounting for the date and impaired driver. I cant for the life of me find the link I got the chart from, but this site posts similar statistics)

Its true that serial DUI offenders have much higher bacs and are responsible for nearly 50% of the fatalities, however, my husband and I are both much less inclined to drink if we are going to drive because of this limit, and I'm sure we are not alone in that regard. Its had an impact.
Attached Images

Last edited by Pico and ME; 08-27-2010 at 11:06 AM.
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote