View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 12:51 PM   #9
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Since before I was born, my super-organised mother has had a calendar up in the kitchen with everyone's birthday on it. And when I say everyone... okay, not Dwellars, but pretty much anyone else she has ever met. And their children, as well as anniversaries of both marriage and death.

Mum still has a better memory for these things than I do, but if I wanted to mess with her head I could change a couple of dates in her 2011 calendar when she gets it. As long as it's not immediate family she really wouldn't know any better.

I remember important birthdays with no reminder. I just get mixed up on the dates sometimes. My parents, siblings, Grandad - I got. My bro's DOB used to be my "memorable date" when I had a telebanking account. The 'rents and siblings anniversaries - less so - I know the month and the approx date. I lie - it's only my sister's I'm really unsure of. My niece, yes - she's at the end of a month, so as long as I know the month (I do) I'm okay. My nephew's no - it's an odd number with two digits. I know the month but need reminding of the date. My BIL and SIL - not a hope. Both in a warm month I think. BIL, June? SIL, August? I need reminding.

And THAT is family!

The weird thing is a remember precisely the DOB for the man who broke my heart.
But not one of my oldest friends.
I guess the painful things stick in your head more...?
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote