View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 02:18 PM   #1
Lamplighter
Person who doesn't update the user title

Pentagon surveys troops on DADT (again)

OK this is probably but Sec Gates was just on TV talking about his new scientific survey

I am astounded by Gates saying he insisted on doubling the number of troops to survey to 400,000, as if he believed this would improve the statistical results of the survey.

For a military that supposedly can calculate the statistical outcomes of multi-faceted battles, taking into account numbers of troops, equipment, climate, geography, I am dismayed that the military leadership can not come to a legitimate recommendation on DADT. They have already done the studies

It strikes me that this is just a cloy-ploy by the military leadership to convince the pubic that they have to keep DADT or some form of it.

Let see, during the Truman administration should we have surveyed the "white troops" to see if African Americans / Blacks / Negros / ... should be treated equally in the military ? Or should we survey the "male troops" to see if women should be treated equally ? Or the "Christian troops" to see is Muslims should be treated equally ?

Maybe a survey of the non-com's to see if the commissioned officers should be subjected to DADT ?

Gad, all this homophobia makes me sick... So I'm taking the liberty of quoting another Dweller (without permission) on another thread because I can't say it any better:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
I just mean the general policy of "I could give a rats ass about your sexual preference", so I won't ask you and you don't need to tell me. Other than that, the process of discharging someone because of sexual preference needs to stop, we are wasting manpower and money. If you are caught in violation of general UCMJ you should be punished, regardless of sexual orientation, not because of it.
Lamplighter is offline   Reply With Quote