View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 06:18 AM   #313
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
Dear Griff

Please let me reinforce l123's comments to you.

*I* value your input. Your withdrawal from the political conversations here would be a loss for me personally, and permanently impoverish the cellar as a whole.

I won't tell you what to do. But I sincerely hope you don't quit contributing to the cellar, especially in the political conversations.

Yours,
I appreciate your sentiment V. I have no intention of leaving the entire Cellar, but I'm not going to waste my time either. The political forum had always been interesting to me because of the subtle differences in perspective. We haven't seen subtlety in a conversation there in a long time. mercenary has always been a problem for me, but he cannot pull down a whole forum on his own. He brought in an earlier left wing foil who also provided more smoke than fire and now we have an anonymous left-winger who plays the assigned role more perfectly. A lot of this is personal, I despise mercs on-line persona. From the beginning, I hoped he was a short-timer, since he posts like one. It is unfortunate but it is, so I'll just stay out of their way.