View Single Post
Old 12-03-2003, 04:13 PM   #24
ladysycamore
"I may not always be perfect, but I'm always me."

Quote:
Originally posted by OnyxCougar
All I know is that I was at work, watching the Purina Dog Show in Philly, and right as they were picking "Best of Show", MSNBC news kicks in with a special report that Bush went to Iraq.

I don't care. It doesn't change his intelligence or his policies or the fact that our guys are dying every day. Was it a nice gesture? Yes. But please. Such a big deal?? No.

Of course, once they came back from "ooo, ahh, big secret trip, hoo dee hoo..." the Best in Show part was over and some other fruity thing came on. So I MISSED IT! DAMN him and his "political coop" anyways! *stomps off, muttering*

(And, yes, I'm aware I typed coop. Joke.)
Well Said! I was thinking back to that day, and I recall wondering why they were breaking into programming for this. I pretty much shrugged the whole thing off and I thought, "Isn't this something he's SUPPOSED to do anyway?" (of course, I KNOW that it's not, but it just felt like he should).

So, I wasn't impressed. *shrugs*

"The Akan concept of Sankofa: In order to move forward we first have to take a step back. In other words, before we can be prepared for the future, we must comprehend the past." From "We Did It, They Hid It"
ladysycamore is offline   Reply With Quote