View Single Post
Old 11-26-2003, 09:14 AM   #10
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally posted by Undertoad
I have absolutely no sympathy in this case. You were part of a fucking scam and you got out-scammed. The lesson here is not to sell speakers out of a fucking van. I knew that was a line the first time I heard it in 1986 and I must have been offered speakers out of a van about 5 times since.

You deserved the jail time for being a moron. Take the lesson and drop the grudge.

UT, I think you missed my point of my post. I am not looking for your sympathy. I absolutely deserved what I got. And, as I said, in writing down how I felt, it became apparent that instead of resenting mr Wardrop, I kind of have to give him some respect for out-scamming us, as you put it. I was also obviously kidding about finding Roy. He's probably in jail. He really did steal a tv and a dryer while we were working. Just put on a white jump suit, took a hand truck into a showroom and walked out like he knew exactly what he was doing. I was furious that whole day. then the above incident capped the day off, and i quit when i got back to the store.

There's nothing illegal about selling speakers out of a van, in fact many of those guys actually have vending permits for the areas they work in. It is, however, immoral at best, and usually decietful. I was young. I know better now. Now I rip people off legitimately when they are expecting to be ripped off. And I'm good at it.

anyway, the point of the post was that I have let the grudge go, and in asking others to open up their grudges, like dave did with his BB thing, those pople may find that THEY can let THEIR grudge go.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote