View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 08:44 AM   #14
squirell nutkin
has a second hand user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
I think there should be some sort of system where people like this are charged with the crime, and the police get to show the evidence they have that these guys did it, and these guys get a chance to show it wasn't actually them, and then someone, or a group of people act as a sort of referee where they decide if they are pretty sure that the guy did it or not. And then they look at how bad the thing was that the guy did, and then they look at what the rules are for the punishments you give for the kind of bad thing these guys did, and then the referee(s) decide on the punishment, working within those rules. And I think it should be a calm and thoughtful process where these referee(s) use their minds. Oh, and these referees, they shouldn't be a bunch of snooty rich people. They should be regular people.
I'll trade you three 'breaking and entering', a shoplifter, three 'drunk and disorderlies' and a 2nd time DUI for a plea bargain from child rape to endangering the welfare of a minor. Do we have a deal?

Sadly, when some kids grow up they are not content to trade baseball cards.