View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 04:09 PM   #134
Cloud

I've kind of lost track of the point of this thread. Was there a point?

I'm getting really very frustrated at the vitriol against the Catholic Church. Yes, it happened, and it's horrible, and I'm glad it's been brought to light. But . . .

I believe that the percentage of people victimized by religious is minuscule compared to the young people that are being abused every day by their parents, relatives, stepparents, friends of their parents, by foster parents and the foster system. Yet there is no corresponding outcry against parents; no demand to overhaul the foster care system, no widescale lawsuits against the state. Why? Because we're all too busy pointing fingers at the convenient, easy to hate, churches. And you can't sue states anyway, because they have immunity.

I say, get to the root of the problem in our society through openness and education. People can be indignent and righteous all they want by pointing fingers, but this is a wider problem, and the wider problem is not being addressed, because people don't want to believe this is happening in their backyard, in their homes, in their neighborhood, to their own loved ones.

pfagh!