View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 10:11 AM   #5298
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
Pilau and I just went for the most delightful walk. We took the same route as on the vids I posted, with a slight detour down the old bridlepath.

Glorious sunshine. The air perfectly still, not the slightest breath of a breeze, even up at the top of the hill. But not silent. No, definately not silent. A cacophany of birdsong. From simple twittering to complex songs, caws and whistles, you name it. The main road is just far enough away for the traffic to just be a gentle rumble; sounds almost like a waterfall at that distance.

Oh, and we saw a squirrel, running and jumping from branch to branch overhead. Seemed to have somethng in its mouth; looked grey, may have been its baby.

In the woods, the grass has suddenly started to make an appearance everywhere. Startlingly green against the greys and browns of the trees and mulch. Real deep, emerald green in places.

I really wish I'd remembered to charge my camera. Pilau was bouncing through the heather like he was Pepe le Peu. Then darting round the woods looking for squirrels and barking excitedly when he caught a scent.

Great fun. But waaay hot. I was only wearing a thin cotton long sleeved top with light summer jeans and a trackie jacket. I had to take the jacket off and I was still too hot.
ok, start over here.

you were still too hot, so you....
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote