View Single Post
Old 11-21-2003, 08:04 PM   #58
ladysycamore
"I may not always be perfect, but I'm always me."

Re: Re: Re: Re: Why I'll Stick Up For April

Quote:
Originally posted by xoxoxoBruce
This business of be nice, play nice and speak (write) nice or shut up, will kill the Cellar faster than a power outage.
Granted there IS a way of saying things without getting nasty about it. I think that has become a "lost art" if you will.

{sistahgurl}However, imma keep it real{/sistahgurl}

I'm not going to say that if someone has a strong opinion about something, that they can't express it. After all, I am not the owner/moderator of this board, and therefore I do not feel that I have the right to squash someone's freedom to speak.

Basically, not everyone is going to "love" what others say and how they say it...to that I say oh well. Can't please everyone, right?

I feel that people can get more out of picking and choosing their battles anyway. Is it *really* worth getting into wild flame wars with people _online_? I dunno...words don't carry much weight to me if you can't deliver the same punch in a "real world" situation. That's just my take on it.

"The Akan concept of Sankofa: In order to move forward we first have to take a step back. In other words, before we can be prepared for the future, we must comprehend the past." From "We Did It, They Hid It"
ladysycamore is offline   Reply With Quote