View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 10:36 PM   #5191
monster
I hear them call the tide

My swim team swimmed. For the second year. And this year we equalled numbers of the other teams. And we rocked.

Coolest moment, Hector (5th grade, technically too young as it's a Middle School /Junior high 6-8 team but we're a k-8 school so we can sneak 5th graders in to make up numbers....) swam a nice 100 IM, the high school boys were timing. He is tiny and skinny for a 5th grader, but an awesome swimmer. They were impressed already and then he did a bucket turn from back to breast -not for the novice- and the high school boys were all "Did he just bucket? he did! I don't believe it! Did you see that kid tunr? He did a bucket! He's my hero, he's my favorite! Did you see that turn?" so cool, so funny. They weren't half as impressed when my daughter did it same lane next heat and swam so fast she knocked two seconds off her personal best. But I was equally proud.

Athough i was even more proud of the swimmers who had never swum a meet before and whose parents were sure they would bottle out, and who didn't. We had 30 swimmers on the books, only one failed to showd rather than the three we expected. last year we had 17. I promised them chocolate, tomorrow I must pay up.

So Happy

So Tired

And beest is sick so i gotta make lunches for tomorrow. damnit