View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 05:04 AM   #1709
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnhowdy View Post
You need to get laid, Sundae.
Amen to that!

Parts of what follows are whited out because they refer to menstruation - if that icks you out you won't see it by mistake at least.

So it turns out the reason for a number of things getting me down lately is the fact I am having a period. This is my first in years, so I'd forgotten how crummy they make me feel. For days I was feeling low and mopey - which I put down to a blip in my depression. And my charlies were SO heavy and SO sore! When I took off my bra each night I felt like I had two boulders dipped in pain hanging off me. And my belly wasn't right. Not at all. It also felt heavy and twingy, like something was rotting in there.

Lo and behold, I go to the loo and black gunge comes out. Wha?! I know this as a sign that I am about to bleed and suddenly everything falls into place. It's not a heavy flow by any means - nothing on my panty liner, just plenty to wipe each time I go to the loo. But the other symptoms are as strong as I ever had them.

I really hope this isn't a sign of things to come. My implant isn't due for renewal until August at least. If I'm going to start getting periods again, I might as well not bother having another one - the contraception is simply a side effect for me after all.

Anyway, now I know what my mystery ailment is, it's easier to deal with. Just hope it's all over & done with soon, because it's still pretty rotten. My sympathy to those of you who go through it every month.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote