View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 01:55 PM   #11
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

K. I had a right long reply ready to post and I hit a key ( i have no idea what) on my keyboard and the page vanished along with my response...

Probably as well. It was reasonably constructive for about 5 words, then morphed into my own list of major doubts about self/path/abilities etc etc.

There are probably people who don't go through this on a semi regular basis, but i don't know very many of em to speak to :P

[eta] ah, that's right, I forgot ... I started this with the intention of offering advice: I don't think there's much point trying to convince yourself it doesn't matter if you don't get the grade you are shooting for; or if your plans on where this education can put you dont work as you'd hoped/anticipated. If they matter to you, then they matter. But having recognised that, it's worth also recognising why they matter. These are the things you are good at. One paper that doesn't meet your own high standards, and a possible future need to adapt your business plans to suit whatever market realities you find yourself facing, don't change that fact. It's also worth recognising that whilst at one level you may be mired in self-doubt, at some deeper level you are convinced of your ability to meet these challenges and are equally convinced that you are good at what you think you are good at. Recognise the fears and acknowledge their value; then put your trust in yourself.

Last edited by DanaC; 02-12-2010 at 02:15 PM.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote