View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 07:08 PM   #1310
Cyclefrance
Pump my ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspode View Post
Sorry to hear about the divorce. I always had you pegged as one of those blokes with an idyllic life. Don't be such a stranger.
It was more a case of finding time. Moving out into a rental, selling our joint home, buying the new place, dealing with solicitors, getting a social life together, all on top of the long hours job.

It's gradually slowed down as each hurdle has been cleared. Seeing the old place sold was a big one (especially as we'd gone into this wonderful recesssion), then moving into a new place. Job now has reduced a bit as I've cut back my hours. Have inherited our dog, who has been fabulous.

Social side was probably the biggest surprise. I thought that this would be a really hard nut to crack, as my wife more or less took control of that, but turned out to be a cynch. I started learning modern jive at a local class - thought there's only be 30 0r 40 peolple there but by mid-eveniing the [lace was throbbing with 250 jivers. That was back in Nov 2008, and I have leaned a lot since then, plus made countless new friends, most of whom are in the same marital state as myself.