View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 07:12 PM   #21
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot serpent View Post
I have to say I'd be checking under the car and very carefully opening the door for a few months after serving on that jury.
Been there. Years ago, a girl I worked with was very interested in me. Eventually, I learned she was the girlfriend of a major mafia operative. I don't know how powerful. She had move out of his house and obtained this job. She told me of payments she delivered to police Lieutenants and Captains. And listed each by name and department. Therefore she was a ‘problem’. Eventually she quit her job to hide out.

Periodically, she would call me from her ‘location’.

Well, I took caution. At one point, noticed a car following me. I was using different routes. Constantly looking for ‘followers’. I was shocked how dumb obvious they were. So I took a turn off that nobody would take – because I could not believe ‘professionals’ were that bad. I watched the car stop in the middle of that highway intersection. They watched me drive around the curve.

Eventually she decided she had to leave town. I took her to the airport. Sat her in a back table with her back was always to the crowd and watched through large glass restaurant windows. If I started watching someone (while she was talking), she would get nervous, panic, and start looking about. I kept telling her to only look at me; that I was constantly watching over her shoulder. It was that scary for her.

Well, he kept calling her parents home. They said she was not there. But one day, he called when the parents were not home. She picked up the phone. In eight hours, he flew across seven states. Within twelve hours (I am told by her friend) that she was married. Now she was no longer a threat. She could not testify against him.

I told select others what I knew. Told friends that if missing, call the FBI. Not local police (for obvious reasons). Was I nervous? No. Apparently I am that dumb. Taking due precautions (and those precautions were numerous) also means fear did not happen. One who takes charge of his environment has no time for and therefore does not entertain fear. At least that is my theory.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote