View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 02:25 PM   #27
jujuwwhite
Capnhowdy's #1 smasher

Just giving an update on Capn. We got to the dentist a few minutes early and Capn was very anxious but was handling it well. They got us in rapidly and of course got the paperwork out of the way. They took a mouthful of xrays and shuffled me out of the room to answer some more questions about the insurance. Anyway, in just a few minutes they determined he had 21 teeth that had to come out. They took out 9 of them today after doping him up on a handful of pills that should have put down a small elephant and then gassed him with gas. He did very well and never even closed his eyes during the procedure.

They packed his mouth with packing after putting some stitches in and sent him home with 2 prescriptions. 1 for pain meds and the other for something to keep down infection. He is now laying on the couch sleeping up a storm but for once in weeks, he doesn't seem to be in pain.

He still has several more weeks to go before they will remove the other 12 teeth and make his dentures but the ball is rolling for his recovery.

Thanks everyone for your love and support for the capn!