View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 12:01 PM   #14
squirell nutkin
has a second hand user title

The worst part of it is that after a lot of really random fucking around with the damn thing, most of which showed no visible change at all in looks or performance, things seems to be working today. So far.

Maybe it was the deer I hit and killed last night. It was like a deer from a Murakami novel. One minute I was ripping down the road pissing and moaning about computers, software, and lack of accountability on the part of every-BAM!

Dead deer, smashed headlight and fender.

And all my computer problems seemed to vanish, but not in a "It was all put in perspective" kind of way. No, it was more like in a creepy Murakami novel kind of way. I woke up this morning having a very intense, detailed, and highly realistic dream where I was shooting a .45 Automatic at an outdoor range and I had these neat rounds that were sort of like dum-dums, but when they hit a paper target they made a smiley face. I changed clips and thought "I have to show these to ZippyT." then I woke up.

So, who the fuck knows? and after reading Flints link, I doubt that my hitting a deer is any less efficacious a solution to computer software problems.