Thread: Avatar in IMAX
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 06:01 PM   #83
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

We too went to see a 'James Cameron' movie and I for one was not following any preconceived notion or hype. I had no idea what it was about. I don't watch TV much and only listen to music on the PC so I didn't know what to expect and my expectations were not high. I did not find the blue people all that appealing or interesting when I would see advertisements online and would not even bother to look at them. It was a treat for someone who wanted to see it and I am so glad I took the plunge.

{about hype}
I always taught my son to give me a logical reason for wanting something. When he was a kid that is what he did. I don't appreciate doing something just because everyone its the 'in' thing and I do appreciate learning something.

I don't think that happened now as an adult he is pretty smart and savy and told me a little history about James Cameron's work so we went.

Like Elsp. said it is an art form and I had never seen anything like it. I felt like I was at Disney Land. hehe :p

I can see how people might criticize this or that but really it was a marvelous fantasy for me and as well as most everyone else it seems.

Last edited by skysidhe; 01-06-2010 at 06:11 PM.
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote