View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 02:34 PM   #27
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianR View Post
I don't understand why everyone else has to suffer. Make the terrorists suffer.
I'm glad you know how to identify them. Sell the secret to governments worldwide and you can make a fortune.
Quote:
Already, I find the security to be overbearing to the point that I don't fly commercial unless it is really necessary. I'm driving to more places that I would have flown to and rented a car before the advent of airline security.

I'm tired of prescreening my luggage. I'm teed off that I can't bring a snack or drink on board with me. I'm sick of ditching my lighter. I don't like moving all metal items to checked baggage prior to the flight. Taking off my shoes is just silly. The delays are onerous. Why in the world should I wait in a two hour line just to get on a plane? Punish the bad guys without making life miserable for everyone.
Yay! You also know how to identify the bad guys! Sell the secret to governments worldwide and you can make a fortune.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf View Post
In addition to the inconvenience of the security screening [snip] I want the TSA to profile the heck out of people ... by behavior as well as demographics.
Funny, profiling by demographics is usually regarded as fascist. I know it fuelled unrest during the Troubles in Northern Ireland.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123 View Post
When we're so afraid someone might get their feelings hurt, at the expense of a boatload, um, planeload of innocent people...well, eff that.
You can be all for it, but it doesn't work. Targetting anyone coming into England with an Irish passport/ accent/ name only raised tensions. My friend's husband - a British Citizen of Pakistani parents - was held for hours at US Customs and questioned on everythign from his income to his bank statements. Both are decent Westernised Muslims (she has US nationality) but both were very shaken by the ordeal. I'm not saying check no-one. I'm just saying over-zealous targeting marginalises and potentially crimalises people. And is a far cry from American standards as I have learned them here.