View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 01:40 PM   #1644
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Since Late November ...

UR - Stephen King

Creepy novella, about the Kindle, read on a Kindle.

The Politically Incorrect Guide to Darwinism and Intelligent Design - Jonathon Wells, Ph.D.

I usually really like the P.I.G.s, this one got repetitive.

Maximum Ride 1: The Angel Experiment - James Patterson

Free Kindle Download. It was supposed to suck me into reading the rest of the series. It didn't. Think Dark Angel without the EMP but with the mad scientists.

American Gothic - Robert Bloch

Fictionalized account of the story of HH Holmes. Devil in The White City was WAY better, less melodramatic. But melodrama is what I expect from the author of Psycho.

The Prisoner - Thomas M. Disch

Familiar and unfamiliar at the same time. This was published shortly after the original TV series aired.

Am I the Only Sane One Working Here? - Albert T. Bernstein, Ph.D.

Amusing variation on those management guru books.

Going Rogue: An American Life - Sarah Palin

Yes, I really read it. It's actually pretty good. The letter to Trig got me tearing up.

Cunningham's Book of Shadows - Scott Cunningham

A lot of the material appears in his other books, but it has potential as a good reference. I'm not on board with his personifications of Goddess, God, and Creator. One thing that was kind of jarring ... after years of seeing cause of death in the author's bio, it's now downgraded to "after a long illness."

By Reason of Insanity - Randy Singer

Courtroom drama. Another free Kindle Download. I could probably chug along for several years on free downloads alone.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote