View Single Post
Old 11-08-2003, 08:36 AM   #493
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Quote:
Originally posted by wolf
CD Player in the Car (only place I really listen to music)

[i]Ministry - Spoon (I think that's the name of the album. I don't have the jewelbox, just the CD, which in fine ministry tradition is
That is one of my pet peeves. Doesn't everyone realize that most CD's will end up out of their boxes in various kinds of CD wallets. Leaving off the title and track information so you can have a pretty picture is the triumph of style over function. Since we already have a monolithic oligopoly running the music industry, can't they at least provide us with one small benefit and set some minimum requirement for labelling?

Anyway, to stay on topic. One of my favorite possesions was a set of 4 or 5 vinyl recordings of Die Kunst Der Fugue (The Art of Fugue) by Bach. Unfortunately, the basement got wet and the vinyl got mildewed. I was unable to find the exact same recording in vinly or CD. I ended up picking up the Canadian Brass version, but it was not the entire work. Also, hearing what I had originally listened to as an organ work done in brass was a little too exotic.

The Art of Fugue has been done in brass, keyboard (organ and piano), and strings. For all I know, there may be an electic or acoustic guitar version. I'm still looking to replace the organ version I lost.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama

Last edited by richlevy; 11-08-2003 at 08:52 AM.
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote