Thread: Bush the doof
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2001, 03:33 PM   #17
MaggieL
in the Hour of Scampering

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ashcroft

Quote:
Originally posted by wst3
I think there comes a time when you have to accept that "your guy" didn't win, so you watch what the other guy actually does.
I can't claim that Gore was "my guy". He just seemed less dangerous to me personally than Dubya and his pals. And I'm <em>accepting</em> that Bush won. He just still scares me. I'm still not convinced he can really read. Especially when I hear him speak. Ronnie we knew could read--if teh Teleprompter quit he'd have been as aphasic as he is today--but I don't know if any processing ever went on between input and output. <a href="http://slate.msn.com/Features/bushisms/bushisms.asp"> Bushisims </a>are clearly internally generated. <p>
Quote:
Wow... I missed that one! Too bad someone didn't cover the responsibilities of the three branches before that press conference.
How about "before he became Governor of Texas"?<p>
Quote:
And to a lesser degreee the executive branch has been tasked with interpreting laws because jurists don't really want to do that either.
Uh...what? I could have sworn that the right wing was up in arms becuase they thought judges were making law by interpreting it. Where do you get the idea that jurists don't want to interpret law?

MaggieL is offline   Reply With Quote