View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 05:44 PM   #7
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

The football games yesterday were a hoot. Refs and coaches had pink highlighted hats and stuff. Apparently some players even had pink cleats (rhymes with teats, so it makes sense).

I'm really pleased that breast cancer awareness has become such a huge and visible thing. All cancers are horrible, but breast cancer has the ability to take away a huge part of a woman's self-image and identity (get it? idenTITTY), let alone her life.

My mother had a single mastectomy about a year before she died. She didn't die of breast cancer - the surgery was successful, and she had no metastasization at all. No chemo, no radiation. But that's not the norm.

As Bruce said, early detection is absolutely key. If detected early enough, the huge majority of breast cancers are treatable. As medical science evolves, the treatments are becoming less and less radical when called for, to the extent that my friend Liz, who detected her cancer at probably the earliest possible stage, had only a small area of one breast removed, leaving her a tiny dimple and great set of conversation pieces.

Ladies, check your rack. The worst thing that can result is your nipples will end up hard and you'll be horny.

Save the tatas!