View Single Post
Old 10-25-2003, 03:15 AM   #487
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Blur--Parklife: Blur deserved way more attention than Oasis did here in the States in the mid-90s.

Stevie Wonder--At the Close of a Century: 70-song, 3 CD greatest hits box set. I really should own it.

NWA--Straight Outta Compton: What a mind-blowing experience for a middle-class white boy from St. Louis in 1989.

The Love Below (Andre's disc) on the new OutKast CD: It's like Barry White meets Rick James meets Musiq meets standard Andre goofiness from OutKast's 4 previous offerings. Goddamn...it's fucking funny as shit...and great. Big Boi's disc (Speakerboxxx) is good too. Actually, it's better than I thought it would be--he didn't overguest it like a lot of hip-hop artists do these days. But Andre's is way better.

Interesting to note who's playing what--BET and black radio are playing Big Boi's "The Way You Move," while modern rock radio is rolling Andre's "Hey Ya!" I'm not surprised though...I don't think a lot of black folks are going to really dig Andre's disc, while whites and blacks will equally dig Big Boi's.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote