View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 11:03 PM   #26
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

Redux, I read one, repeat one, sentence of your latest anti-goodness screed. I must say my reaction was, "Jesus, any sleazy excuse will do for this guy to counsel against following the virtuous road!"

You always argue for tyranny to persist, for America to do nothing about it. (Don't believe me? Reread your posts in Politics and my replies which from time to time put my finger on that particular point.) I say virtue lies in making it extinct. My values are therefore golden; yours manifestly suck by comparison. It may be you are actually a good enough person to adopt golden values, but last week would have been a very good time to start, son. Last century would have been even better.

Your values do not suck because you hold them; never that. They suck because they are non-virtuous -- abysmally second rate stuff. Not, in short, good enough for me to hold. I make you very uncomfortable, more than you will ever admit publicly -- otherwise you wouldn't fight me so hard and so desperately so much of the time.

Quote:
US should support internal democratic movements....not create them by force of invasion and occupation.
A nutshell example of how your brummagem, totalitarian-supporting "values" fail of virtue. How can one support without actively destroying the fascist/communist/all-purpose-shithead opposition, eh? Support against the genocidal sorts comes with reeking tube and iron shard, ´Dux-for-brains. Those people, after all, are well supplied with reeking tubes and a will to use them. How then should the democrats remain disarmed, eh?

It is a shibboleth of the totalitarian-symp Left that we "create them," but the political-science fact is we simply don't. They become, springing from the human desire for a better life, when a population is no longer so beaten down that they may think beyond mere survival and CYA wrt their government, when a population can aspire to a democracy. This often requires the noose and gibbet for the practitioners of less-than-democracy. Firing parties will do nicely too.

Lacking the white liberal guilt that racks and paralyzes you, I can face this prospect not only with equanimity but with optimism. Most Middle Americans can, even if they don't quite think of it so explicitly. America's foes come from undemocratic places, and they have some idea this is so.

Conversion of fascists to democrats conserves lives and ammunition, but there is no relying on it. I do not. But I laud it should it happen. East Germany had an attack of good sense like that some years back. Conserved a bunch of lives there.

I shall happily demolish your ignorant contention that it's bizarre that gun control should connect to genocide in a following post. It's a routine thing. I have the knowledge at my fingertips, though it does take a little while to compose the essay and supply you with links -- this is really the JPFO's concept, and the case they make for it is formidable. And unrebutted.

Last edited by Urbane Guerrilla; 09-14-2009 at 11:25 PM.
Urbane Guerrilla is offline   Reply With Quote