View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 08:34 AM   #6
Madman
has left the building.

Over the past 30+ years I've smoked Marlboro's, Kool's, Salem's, Virginia Slims, Benson & Hedges, True, Winston... that's about it I think.

Took me 30 years to feel like shit. Couldn't breathe, couldn't fuck, couldn't laugh without coughing - I was miserable. Finally decided to get off the tobacco gravy train and try to live a life that I wanted to live. So last December (2008), on a whim, I saw my doctor and got a script of Chantix. I smoked the first week while taking it and then stopped completely.

Truth be told, I wanted to quit anyway. The Chantix was a great help because I had little to no "physical" withdrawl. I did want a smoke but I knew that I just didn't "need" one. Those feelings passed after a few minutes.

It's been what? Nine months from the first weekend of December 2008 when I quit. It's great! I'm back into a hobby I haven't done for 20+ years - hiking. I can breath and um... yes, that too.

My wife still smokes, but I don't pressure her. I understand the addiction to smoking and the actual "enjoyment" of it. I was there and I did like to smoke. I do miss it, but I like feeling better more.

I don't harrass smokers, but if you ever decide to quit and need some encouragement... I'm your man.
Madman is offline   Reply With Quote