View Single Post
Old 08-20-2009, 12:38 PM   #25
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
skyshide--She's taking it now, but I don't know what kind of medication yet. I asked her last night, and she said, "It starts with an m . . . "

The cardiologist did say that she shouldn't have any more children. Not that she was planning to, but by implication that means she wouldn't survive another pregancy. Which is very scary.

Now, I'm just hoping she'll survive this one. She's got placenta previa going on now, too.

Yeah, I'm freaking out a little. She's off to Las Vegas to see Depeche Mode. I pulled her friend off to the side, and said, you'd better take GREAT care of her, you hear? Make her keep hydrated, make her wear tennis shoes . . .
Most likely she is on an Anti-arrhythmic medication (amiodarone). She would not be on a Beta Blocker or a Anti-hypertensive. After her pregnancy she might be a canidate for Radiofrequency catheter ablation, which I have been involved in a few times which is 100% curative. Pregnancy may predispose women to the development of tachydysrhythmias where previously they were not at as much risk during the non-pregnant state. Any events of rapid heart rate, pounding in chest, faintness, LOC, chest pain, she should seek immediate medical attention. The problem can be if she does develop a prolonged tachydysrhythmia that it could put the fetus at risk. She needs to really be in tune with her body, stay hydrated, and get plenty of rest. I don't think I would take the docs word about never getting prego again, consult a high risk OB doc for the best advice.

Oh, and not taking the meds puts her fetus at risk as well as her life, she better start taking the med asap.