View Single Post
Old 08-14-2009, 09:20 AM   #3
casimendocina
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenGum View Post
Freaking me out today was an incident on the train on the way home from work.

There is a chap who often catches the train who is a little bit special, shall we say, some kind of advanced Ralph Wiggum situation. His Hi-Vis vest and steel cap boots indicate some kind of physical job, and he can catch trains by himself etc so he is getting by okay, but he has a few rather odd habits.

In particular, he is constantly swinging his head back and forth (very much like this guy ), and frequently gives a running commentary on his thoughts, as well as initiating rather one-sided conversations with anyone around.

I was sitting in a forward facing seat, and he sat in the backward facing seat directly behind me; thus his head was maybe 15 cm behind mine. No problem. He started his monologue. No problem. He was swinging his head from side to side - not itself a problem, but it created the effect that I would hear a few words closer to one ear, then a few equidistant from both, then a few closer to the other, then back in the middle, and so on, back and forth, so the effect I got was this somewhat rambling flow-of-consciousness voice feeling as if it were bouncing around inside my own head!!!

Whooooaaaoooohhhhh maaannnnn.
Is the feeling of rambling flow of consciousness still there?
casimendocina is offline   Reply With Quote