View Single Post
Old 07-27-2009, 11:05 AM   #11
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Thing is, as Bruce and Cloud have stated, there are very different accounts.
Mum worked for the Police for 13 years (and I can tell you if I'd ever been arrested she would have assumed I was at fault.)

She did admit to family that there are bad apples, the crack-heads-&-ask-later-brigade, officers who have short fuses, or who were arseholes or who simply loved procedure. And she told us of an altercation between an old friend of hers and a police officer where the stories differed wildly. From her knowledge of both, she believed the fault had to be on both sides, two arsey men with over-inflated egos...

In general I was brought up to be on the side of law enforcement. It speaks to a side of me that has been conditioned to accept authority. But I also know they are human, and what goes down in official records is not always what we would consider the truth, were we eye witnesses. And police are racist, homophobic, violent and capable of over-reacting. I think it's in a slightly greater percentage than in the general public, just because the job is bound to attract people with forceful opinions.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote