View Single Post
Old 10-14-2003, 11:15 AM   #107
Tobiasly
hot

Quote:
Originally posted by Radar
I'm obviously against conscription, though I wouldn't avoid it. But George Bush is all for it. He doesn't mind sending other people to die, but when he's the one who has to fight, forget it.
You must be confused in your terminology. Conscription means involuntary service, i.e. being drafted. No one who has died in this war was drafted. Every one of them volunteered for service.

You say you wouldn't avoid being drafted. So if the Bush administration instituted a draft tomorrow, and your name was called, you would show up? Oh, wait, you think this war is unconstitutional. So I guess your political stance against the war would probably excuse you from service, in your eyes.

As far as all your documented proof of Bush's desertion, none of it comes anywhere near proof that he did any such thing. Do you really think that if those papers meant what you're reading into them, none of the doves running for president would have made an issue of them?

No, they realize something you don't, or at least what you pretend you don't. These papers don't mean a thing. If anything, they show that record-keeping in the military is horrible at times.

I am supposed to receive an Officer Evaluation Report once a year, but that hasn't always happened. But I have never missed a drill. If someone years from now requested my OER, they would probably get the response "not rated during this period due to administrative reasons". That doesn't mean shit. It's a CYA response from some admin who didn't file his paperwork properly.
Tobiasly is offline   Reply With Quote