Thread: Post Your Pet
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2009, 09:58 PM   #955
Tree Fae
Major Inhabitant

Picture one--Here is my newest baby. I was told that she was a feral cat, but I think my friends suckered me. I had found the kitten outside their cabin sitting on the porch. I picked it up and took her back inside to ask when they got her. They were all amazed that I could pick her up, There was 5 kittens and no one can catch them. She sure doesn't act feral. She is already getting along with the dogs to some extent. The cats of course are pissed at me.

picture two is Holly with Darby. We aren't sure if he is just facinated and wants to play or sees her as a doggie toy/treat.

Picture three is my yorkie Dazzle. Last week Dazzle suffered a stroke. We had to take her to an emergancy vet on the fourth of July. She was totally unable to walk or sit up. She could still move her legs, but they wouldn't support her at all. Shes on predisone and baby asprin and has made vast improvements. The vet said that generally they have a complete recovery and fairly quickly. She is able to walk again but her balance is way off. She can't jump at all. Her left front paw is still the least functional. We think this is a second stroke as she had problems with that leg last month in a very similar manner. She did recover fully then. I hate seeing my baby stuggle to walk though. We also found out she has slight cateracts. The tongue hanging out is from the lack of teeth to hold it in. She had the last of them pulled last year. She doesn't miss them at all! Still snarfs down pizza crust.
Attached Images