Thread: Coma
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 03:28 PM   #8
Queen of the Ryche
is fleeing the scene

One of my very best friend's sons fell out of a moving truck, hit the back of his skull smack on the curb. Was in a coma for three weeks - they drilled to relieve the blood/fluid pressure on his brain, then we waited. And waited.

His mom would not leave the hospital. I took her lunch every day (which she hardly ate) then I would go home and cry. Then go back to the hospital to check on her, help her try to take a shower, try to get some clean clothes on her and brush her hair. And hold her. And talk to her son, even if he couldn't hear me. And read to him. And hold his hand.

After three weeks that seemed like three years, he one day decided to open his eyes, and smile. He knew we had been there the whole time. He couldn't explain it, but he said he felt us there. Four years later he has a little trouble with long term memory and he can't really taste or smell much, but other than that he is a perfectly normal, fully functioning 21 year old.

Don't know why I spilled this, but hope it helps in some way V...send him my love.

I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six.
Queen of the Ryche is offline   Reply With Quote