View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 06:45 PM   #23
Leah
Love my Heffalumps

I do feel sorry for the poor little fella's. There are some places in Thailand that look after the elephants very well, and so many others that don't. It's such a sad thing to see. In one way I do agree it is abuse, but it's getting the point across to the government, I'm sure. They do look so adorable painted, but I can't help feeling sorry for them, especially the littlest one, who looks very sad and lonely. The Thai Government need a good kick up the backside. Still to this day there are hundreds of baby elephants and grown ones being forced to beg on the streets of Bangkok, drugged and forced to work 24/7. I hate going to BK, I always get in arguments with the owners/mahouts of the baby elephants that are being forced to beg for money and food. They look so exhausted and scared, and you can tell they are abused. All the Thai Police turn a blind eye to it all, like it does not exist, makes me cry every time I see it. I do love them so much. Anyway don't get me started on this, I was having a good day until now.
Leah is offline   Reply With Quote