View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 10:45 AM   #273
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by some doctor in UT's article
"Good research shows that if you follow that diet, perhaps 5% of young kids with ADHD got a little bit better," Dulcan tells WebMD. "But the problem with the Feingold diet is you can't keep a child on it because it eliminates things kids really like."
Yes, you just can't take away those things they really like, because, you know, they really like them. Discipline is just mean, y'all. This doctor is a tool.

Quote:
Those symptoms may cause a child to not feel well or disturb their sleep, which may indirectly affect their behavior.
Well, as long as it only indirectly affects their behavior, that's totally different. Nothing you can do about that. You know what? When I'm sick, I'm bitchy. The fastest way to stop me being bitchy is to get well. Does the flu have a neurological component? No. Does it still make me bitchy? Yes.

Edit to add: Sorry, I'm more irritated than I thought and have more to say on this subject. So 5% of ADHD kids got better on the Feingold diet--how many got better in the control group? Was it zero? I bet the parents of those 5% don't give a shit that the other 95% need additional things to help them, they're pretty fucking happy that their kid is in the 5% that got better. You know what else has a success rate of anywhere from 2%-7%? Chemotherapy.

Last edited by Clodfobble; 06-10-2009 at 11:08 AM.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote