View Single Post
Old 06-07-2009, 07:54 PM   #990
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

I have had honest disagreements with peoples positions on many issues. I have also poked fun at some people, mostly in what I hope is understood to be humor. I really do try to keep from labeling people as 'psycho' or 'dumbass' or some other stereotype. In situations where there was a serious potential for a flame war, I have done everything except actually lie to defuse the situation, since I prefer 'no drama'. This has not always worked well.

In the end the Cellar is a reflection of real life. Trying to sort out if one side was being offensive or abusive or the other side was being thin skinned is usually futile and divisive. Sometimes people should just be allowed to argue between themselves without others piling on, even if it's in a public forum.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote