View Single Post
Old 05-30-2009, 10:55 PM   #244
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

And the emotional roller coaster, it just keeps going...

Minifob's still having constant, terrible diarrhea. It got briefly better right after we started the diet, but then slowly eased back into the horror it's always been. On the one hand, his massive cognitive and behavioral improvements do confirm that we're taking good steps overall, but on the other hand, I know he can't really get better until his digestion is functioning properly. I've been living and breathing his food diary for weeks now, experimenting with one thing after another... and I think I've got it narrowed down to the most horrible possibility. I think it's the rice. (Yes, it is possible to have an intolerance for rice, for the record.)

So that's lined up as my next experiment, removing one of only two major substitute grains left in his diet. I technically started already tonight, because he refused to eat any kind of dinner--either because he's getting sick, or because he loaded way the hell up on rice-flour birthday cake this afternoon. Happy birthday, kiddo. Maybe next year you can have a cake made of quinoa flour or some crazy thing.
Attached Images

Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote