View Single Post
Old 11-22-2001, 12:38 PM   #3
Slight
Semi-Evil Genius

Ok this is weird. First of all I would like to know if this is what the plate actually looks like or if it is just a mock up done by the party responsible for the Florida bill getting passed. I assume it is real. The fake license number reads like this to me: (what's the issue?) Abortion, I'm 4 it. Obviously they mean: Choose life, I am for it.

I have major issues with this plate, but I can't think of a legal problem with it. The plate and it's design should be protected by free speech. The people choose to pay extra to get this plate and have their money put to use by the state. I guess besides being an issues loaded design, I don't like the idea of the government printing other peoples speech. Seems to me like someone else should print the plates and dole out the money. It is almost state sponsered propaganda.

If it was up to me each state sould have just one design (except for vets, disabled people, trucks, trailers, gvmt vehicles, higher education vehicles, diplomats, and dealers) and you could have whatever number on your plate if you so choose at no extra cost. I would get FUCK YOU, just to be contrary and obnoxious. Here in Colorado there are like 20 designs that are standard and my friend tells me it is no better in Arizona. You want variety? Bah I say!
Slight is offline   Reply With Quote