View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 02:29 PM   #15
dmg1969
I got nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim View Post
if you are going to keep the car for 10 years+, then why not get exactly what you want and know that it's got no pre existing issues? if you're going to want a new one in 3, you should either pay cash for a used one or lease a new one if you have to have new.
I agree. I am 40 (in July) and only had three vehicles my whole life. The first I bought used. The last two were bought brand new at the dealership. I like the fact that it does not have any mileage on it and, if something is wrong with it, I have the whole factory warranty behind me.

Then again, I drive the living piss out of them. I had the last new vehicle I bought for 11 years and my current car for the last 9. I plan on getting a new vehicle next year because it is starting to nickle and dime me to death. My nickle and dime, I mean $1600 last year and $1000 this year. That's a hell of a down payment on a new car.