View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 04:47 PM   #1
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

I finally bought my hot dog cart!!!

It's not the cart of my dreams, but it will work. I got it for $2,300.

It's a steam cart, but it has a portable grill on it. I figure I can use this until I break even, then I can get something better. The guy took a photo with a Sabrett's umbrella, but didn't give me the umbrella. It's not a big deal. The handles are missing on some of the pans but the guy says to use the tongs. I may just buy new pans.

The latch on the left door at the bottom is missing so I can see this being a problem when driving. The burner on the left is missing a couple of bolts to hold it in place so it jiggles. I will replace the bolts. It's missing the connector that goes from the propane to the portable grill. I'll have to buy one if I can find it.

I've already got my spot secured and paid for. I'll be selling dogs directly across the street from the Social Security Building in an area that has one of the highest concentrations of retired people in America. I'm working on the business paperwork at the moment.

I've got to get my state license. Then I apply to get a plan reviewed by the health department. Then I get an inspection. Then my county and/or city occupational permit. I'm also talking to a lawyer and an accountant about business structure, dba, etc.

I just got offered an IT job for $40/hr down here. That's almost what I was making in Los Angeles, and it's a lot cheaper here in Florida. It is very tempting, especially because the job is from 5pm to 2am. I could still run the cart.

Here's the ad I got the cart from. Let me know what you think.

http://orlando.craigslist.org/bfs/1158363561.html