View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 09:29 AM   #10
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beestie View Post
True Crypt is a little scary. Is there a guide to make using it a little more straightforward. I worry that I'll encrypt my stick and then never be able to access it again.
I'm not sure about a guide.. I expect there's one around here somewhere. But, for each encrypted device or container file, there's a header . You can extract that container information and save it to a file. If you ever need to reset the password (to whatever it was when you made the header backup) you can restore the header info and use the old password.

Of course, this assumes you'll know the old password . . . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beestie View Post
I like VLC. A lot. But the sound quality is average at best. Foobar's DSP add-ons are far better but Quintessential Player's iZoTope Ozone DSP add on is the best sound quality I've ever heard - even better than my registered version of Nero.
I'm going to check it out just to see if I hear a difference! I'm not much of an audiophile.

I'd second many of the recommendations made so far. One I'd add that's not software... but you can get an email certificate for free from Thawte. It doesn't certify your identity (just that you're in control of the email address you register), but it's good enough for many personal uses.
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote