View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 09:24 PM   #11
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
Additionally, even if you have driven in the past, take the state sanctioned Motorcycle Safety Course. You can get the info from your state DMV website. It may save your life and it will improve your chances on a bike. I took it and had a 20 year break in riding. I know how to ride a bike but the course teaches you how to drive one in traffic. It is only one weekend and they supply the bikes. When you complete it you get to forgo the state motorcycle test to get your 2-wheel license.

Oh, and as someone told me, "Ride your own ride", and, "Drive like everyone in a car or truck is trying to hit you."
They have a very widely renowned program at one of the local community colleges, and I *will* be taking it. Additionally, there is a distinct possibility that I will get one of those LED strobe beacons to stick on my helmet. :-)

I'm now looking at this unit. More pricey, but newer, much lower miles, and pretty sweet. Also a V twin, per Bruce's admonition about "more cylinders equals more repair cost down the road."