View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 07:35 AM   #28
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Ah but you don't know me
Thanks for the kind words.

I'd never get my sis into therapy. I'd be lucky if she even asked how I was following a serious accident/ hospitalisation. No doubt she'd think it would upset the children and be another black mark against me. She's certainly never enquired about the state of my health even knowing I have been seriously depressed and suicidal.

In fact I was in a terrible state when I was living in Leicester (and visiting Mum and Dad here) and the most she said was, "I hope she isn't expecting to come to the BBQ - we don't have enough food." Coming from the woman who caters for five people for every one (she is a great host I will admit). And the fact Mum told me that suggests she said worse, which was kept from me.

No, to Laura I am a failure as an Aunt. Because of me, her son doesn't have a Godfather. It's all kinda gone on from there really. Black sheep? Try black, stinking, bloated and full of corruption sheep. And we never talk about it because in some ways she's more brittle than me. At least what I project to the world is warts and all. She projects an image of perfection (she is pretty, and still thin) but is quite fragile underneath.

Do I envy her? Of course. So this might all be projection. But I just wish she could love me for who I am. As I do her. Never mind, I've got my bro.