Thread: SCA
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2009, 02:26 PM   #11
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf View Post
I probably would have enjoyed it, but by the time I got to know someone who was an active Scadian, I was out of the demographic.

Demographic my ass, Wolf. There are a LARGE number of over 40 folks in Atlantia (Maryland, VA, NC, SC, GA) and the East (North of Atlantia). The sensechal of my group is 67, his wife is 65, our Herald is 73, our former herald is lower 60s, I'm 38, my man is 40, our rapier fighters are late 30s, early 40s, and kids and grandkids that play are anywhere from 2 or 3 to 22. That's just one little group.

If you can think of it (and it was done in Europe, Asia or the Middle East between 600 and 1600 AD) then I guarantee someone in the SCA has done it/is doing it/will be doing it soon. Brewing, Needlework, Blacksmithing, Armouring, Leather, Sewing, Knitting, Navigation, Shipbuilding, Equestrian, Archery, Thrown Weapons, Fencing, Singing, Dancing, Musicianship, Jewelrymaking, Alchemy, Medicine, Herbalism, Gardening, Cooking, Baking, Subtleties, Pavilion making, Merchanting, Poetry, Scrivening, Bookmaking, Scrollworks, Illumination, Heraldry. That's just a FEW!!!

You can go as superficial or as deep into the research as you please. There are ALOT of folks that I think are way too deep into the research.

Impotentes defendere libertatem non possunt.

"Repetition does not transform a lie into a truth."
~Franklin D. Roosevelt
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote