View Single Post
Old 09-07-2003, 10:16 AM   #1
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

It's football time again...

Ah yes...time for another year of sitting around on Sundays, drinking, watching football, losing my mind, and getting another free meal out of Hubris.

How wonderful...the Rams are the first game on today on FOX here in Philadelphia. God's Team took a beating last year, but it looks like the Rams of old might be back in the house. And they're playing the Giants, so a Rams win only helps the Eagles.

Oooh...and the Ravens are the first game on CBS. I don't think it's gonna be a good year for them, but one can hope...it's not like that Super Bowl team of 3 years ago was that good either. Rams are better though, so Rho will be delegated to the bedroom TV. (Griff, they're playing the Steelers, so you might be interested in that game, if you can get it.)

Eagles are on Monday Night Football. The defense is dropping like flies...too many injuries. I see a good season ahead...I dunno if they'll go 12-4 again, but one can dream.

I haven't followed pre-season much this year, so I don't know much about the predictions. I know the Rams were picked to win the NFC West, as their only real challenge is San Francisco.

Here's what Michael Wilbon of the Washington Post picks:

And now, the fearless picks. In the NFC, the Rams, Packers, Bucs and Giants will win their divisions. The Eagles and Saints will earn the wild-card spots. Favre will be the MVP. In the AFC, the Raiders, Steelers, Colts and Dolphins will win their divisions. The Chiefs and Ravens will earn wild cards. Portis and Williams will rush for 2,000 yards and Williams will be the MVP.

Tampa Bay will repeat by beating the Steelers in the Super Bowl.

Hmmm...he wasn't very good at predicting when I watched him on TV in Washington, so we'll see.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote